Panel Changes/Upgrades in Naples FL
The electric panel of a home is like the heart of the human body. This panel brings in electricity from the electric company’s lines and distributes it as needed, throughout a home. On average, an electric panel will last twenty to forty years, depending on how it was installed, the type, and how well it is maintained. When it comes to Electrical Panel Upgrades, homeowners need to be aware of the signs to look for, so they will know if they need to call an electrical contractor.
What Is a Panel Upgrade?
A main panel upgrade occurs when a home’s old electrical panel is removed and a new updated one is installed. This work should only be carried out by a licensed electrician because it can be dangerous. The right knowledge, tools, and equipment are essential for ensuring the work is carried out to exacting specifications.
Before having a panel replaced, it is imperative homeowners have their old panels checked for any signs of problems. Homeowners need to be aware of the signs they should look for so they will know if their electrical panel is out of date or in a state of disrepair. If issues are constantly recurring, it would be wise for homeowners to seek Electrical panel upgrades.
Signs of Electrical Panel Problems
Knowing when it is time to replace an electrical panel is essential for home and business owners. If a homeowner is aware of the signs they should look for, they will be more proactive and can seek an immediate replacement from the Electrical panel services in Naples FL. The following are some of the common signs homeowners may notice if they need to upgrade their panels.
- If the panel is over 25 years old and has needed repairs, it is likely time to start the process of considering an upgrade. Waiting too long could lead to serious risks, including fires and electric shocks. Prompt replacement is essential when a panel grows old.
- Homeowners should be immediately concerned if they notice any burning smells. If a circuit breaker panel fails, it can lead to serious fires that can destroy entire homes. If burning smells are noticed, the electricity needs to be shut off right away.
- If a homeowner notices their circuit breakers are tripping frequently, this should be another cause of alarm. Frequent breaker trips may mean the panel lacks the full capacity to handle the electrical load in the home. Frequent breaker trips should never be ignored.
- When homeowners add new large appliances, they sometimes need to have their electrical panels upgraded to accommodate the new electrical demands. The electrical panel will need to be replaced before the addition of the new appliance because it has already likely reached its highest capacity.
- Does the old panel have fuses instead of circuit breakers? If so, an upgrade is definitely needed. Fuses can be a pain to change, especially if they are blowing frequently. Homeowners should never overload their systems by putting a larger fuse than is recommended.
Homeowners who have noticed any of the above signs need to call for a panel upgrade from the Electricians in Naples FL. Prompt upgrades can protect a home from fires and electric shocks that can be dangerous. Upgrading the panel can allow for safer operation of the electrical system in a home.
Upgrading Offers More Power
With today’s modern appliances and electronic devices, the demand for electricity has grown. Many older homes may have outdated electrical panels that can no longer keep up with the electrical needs of a home, so they need to be upgraded.
An upgrade will allow homeowners to rest assured their systems will be able to handle the higher demands of the electricity load without causing frequent tripped breakers, arcing, and dangerous risks of fires and shocks.
It is imperative homeowners rely on professionals to get their electrical panel upgrades completed safely and effectively. This is not an upgrade project that can be completed by a homeowner alone. Doing so could put themselves and their families in danger.
Homeowners who have noticed any of the above signs may need to upgrade their electrical panels, to ensure there are no safety issues present. Upgrades need to be done when appliances are added or problems develop. Having an electrician check the electrical panel is a wise idea. With a full inspection, any minor issues can be found before they cause major problems.
Coup Electric Co. has been proudly serving the homeowners of Naples, FL, and surrounding areas since 2009. Their focus is excellent electrical and customer service, to meet the varied needs of their customers.